Future-Proof Your Life : Don’t define yourself too narrowly

Picture by: https://react-fitness.com

When I changed my life balance, I returned to Bronnie Ware’s article, 

“The Top Five Regrets of the Dying.” 

Her regrets list is a great platform for a meaningful, agile, and fulfilling life. 

Here is what she found: 

  • I wish I hadn’t worked so hard… 
  • I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me… 
  • I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings… 
  • I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends… 
  • I wish that I had let myself be happier.

Investing in your own happiness, having authentic relationships, and expressing your feelings is ultimately a life without regret. There has never been a better or more important time to do this. Jobs today are becoming more fluid, with people moving among teams and between fields far more often. 

Self-awareness is the new success and the only way to survive. 

Don’t define yourself too narrowly. 

Learn to ground yourself at your core in the values of connection, commitment, and resiliency. It will help you see more clearly how your skills can take you much farther than your present position or job title. 

Futurists, economists, and politicians tell us that robotics, automation, and artificial intelligence will not completely replace jobs but will drastically change them. Things are changing fast, but those who are adaptable and forward thinking will find a place to succeed and thrive in the new workplace.

Greatest Thoughts by Diana Wu David former Financial Times executive, author of Future Proof: Reinventing Work in an Age of Acceleration

Comments

Popular Posts