Being dissatisfied with what I am, I want to be like you.. Or have what you have ....

Do you know what envy means? You are nice looking, you are finely dressed, or wear beautiful clothes, and I also want to dress or a suit like that; but I cannot, so I am envious. I am envious because I want what you have; I want to be different from what I am.




































I am envious because I want to be as beautiful as you are; I want to have the fine clothes, the elegant house, the high position that you have. Being dissatisfied with what I am, I want to be like you; but, if I understood my dissatisfaction and its cause, then I would not want to be like you or long for the things that you have.

In other words, if once I begin to understand what I am, then I shall never compare myself with another or be envious of anyone. Envy arises because I want to change myself and become like somebody else. But if I say, "Whatever I am, that I want to understand", then envy is gone; then there is no need of discipline, and out of the understanding of what I am comes integration.

Comments

Popular Posts